Creating a non-profit donation form using WordPress is a simple and effective technique. If you have a full-fledged WordPress website, you can easily accept the donations yourself.
Let's discuss in detail and learn more about how effective the Nonprofit Donation Forms are: The Nonprofit Donation Form uses built-in advanced technology. It does not provide complex techniques that make the forms easy and beneficial to use.
The form offers a number of advantages, such as:
Simple and Simpler Techniques: The form is easy to create and can be used by people who want support and donations without complication.
Effortless transfer: It offers effective payment solutions that can be easily integrated into your WordPress site while the donation is accepted in complete security.
Flawless connection and control: The form can be adapted to the respective requirements in order to stay in touch with the donors at all times.
Step by step, let's figure out the details of how to create the nonprofit donation form:
Step 1:: Use a plugin to create a nonprofit donation form
You need to find out about that WPForms plugin It is one of the most effective WordPress forms plugin available. To use the plugins you need to refer to the instructions – how to install plugins in WordPress? After you've installed the WPForm plugin Successfully select the following options:
Go to WPForms >> Add a new form (to create a new form)
How to specify the form name in the setup screen
Select the >> option Template for the donation form
WPForms creates a form that will be used for charitable giving.
Step 2: Customize the fields used in the form
The minimum required fields that are preferred for use in the form are:
- Name of the person
- Email the person
- Donation amount message or
- Message or comment
You can add more fields indicated in the left pane by dragging in the right pane. You can edit any of the specified fields simply by clicking on them. You can also change the order of the fields according to the structure of your donation form.
To make the donation form easy to use, you can use multiple choice options or drop down boxes.
For example, the donation field can be designed using the drop-down field. Multiple donation amounts can be displayed, which can be easily selected when filling out the form. Users have the option to select the donation amount from the drop-down list, click and select the donation field on the form, and enter an amount in the field.
Payment fields is displayed in the right pane and in the option Multiple items are part of it that can be used as the Donation Amount field in the donation form.
Select the form field several elements which are included in the donation form and make the following changes:
Change the label as – Donation amount
Change each item in the form field with different donation amounts
Select the next item and change its name as – Enter the amount
Select the option to enter Comment or message
Also check the box – Required. Checking the box will ensure that the form is completed by entering a donation amount before it is sent.
Enter the amount should be selected to display the line item form field on the donation form.
Select the form field "Donation field“To adapt it to the changes required.
Undo the selected checkbox option Required This allows a predefined conditional statement to be added for entering the donation amount.
Scroll down to the drop-down menu labeled conditions and check boxes Activate the conditional logic should be selected.
Select the option Show this field if – Specify the condition as – Donation amount is Enter the amount.
The options selected will assist the user in choosing the Enter the amount Multiple choice options; It shows the shape of the field Donation amount. You enter all fields and save up form.
Step 3: Configure the general settings of the form
Various settings of the non-profit donation form can be configured in WordPress:
Let's choose the option the settings >> General
Here you can configure the following:
- Form name:: The form name can be set according to your choice.
- Form description: Briefly provide the form description.
- Submit button text: Customize the submit button.
- Spam prevention: honey pot Function or Google reCAPTCHA can be used with Exit contact form Spam. The honeypot function is automatically activated in the WordPress form. In the case of any other form of spam prevention, you can undo this option.
- AJAX forms: AJAX settings can be selected without reloading the page.
- GDPR improvements: To disable the user details in the form of IP addresses, user agents and other details as per GDPR requirements. You can check the step-by-step instructions in the GDPR Agreement box to include in your contact form.
save up the form as soon as you have made the above settings.
Step 4: Configure the notifications as required.
Notifications are helpful for knowing the details of donations made on your website and for thanking donors by sending emails.
The notifications are important in order to know about donations made. You will immediately receive a message with details of the notification.
make use of Use smart tagsThis feature allows you to send messages to the website visitors who are making the donation. You can send a thank you message saying that you will be in touch with them shortly. It's also an easy way to confirm that the form is working.
You can get a lot of help setting up form notifications in WordPress. You read the relevant documentation in WPForms.
If there are more emails to be sent to the donor, you can refer to the topic below for more detailed information on how to create multiple form notifications in WordPress.
To customize your emails and add the branding factor to your emails, it is a good idea to refer to the following topic and add a custom header to your email template using WPForms.
Step 5: Configure the confirmations used in the form
Form confirmations are custom messages. These messages are useful for the website visitors who want to donate. The messages allow users to know the procedure and series of steps while using the donation form.
WPForms offers three different types of confirmations to choose from in the form:
- Embassy: By default, this is a confirmation in the WPForms. A simple message is sent to the site visitor who donates. It helps the donor to know that the donated amount has been received. To offer meaningful news, you can relate to the topic great messages of success in WordPress.
- View page: The confirmation enables website visitors to visit a specific web page on your website that displays the thank you message. For more information, see Redirect customers to a thank you page or find articles on Create effective thank you pages in WPForms that encourage donors and their loyalty.
- Go to url: Redirect website visitors to another website after they have successfully donated. It can help customers learn more about the company, its services, and the products it offers.
With the confirmations, the custom messages can be sent to the donors after receiving the donation amount.
To customize messages, click confirmation Tab in the form editor under the settings.
Let's pick the option Embassy and customize it.
Customize the confirmation message with an appropriate message that can be formatted with font, size and color. You need to save up the changes made.
For information on adjusting other configurations, see the documentation for Set up form confirmations in the WPForms.
Step 6: Configure the form's payment settings
Payment options are required to configure acceptance of the donation made by visitors.
WPForms can be used in conjunction with the options PayPal and Stripes to accept payments. For more information on payment settings, see the WPForms documentation.
In order to configure the payment settings of the donation form, you have to install and activate the payment add-on. Check out the tutorials in WPForms Install and use the PayPal add-on or Install and use the Stripe add-on.
PayPal configuration settings for processing donations
Let's configure standard Paypal payments as part of the donation form:
- Choose the option Paypal and check the box
- Enter the details of the email id registered in your Paypal account.
- To test the configured PayPal account, you can use Production mode and Test / sandbox options.
Learn more about Testing PayPal Payments and Testing Stripe Payments. Read the tutorial in WPForms before using it to make a donation.
- Select the payment method as donation
- Redirect website visitors to a specific URL if they cannot complete the PayPal donation process
- Select your preferred shipping options
- Also the option Notes with payments should be selected if necessary.
Save the changes made in the configuration of the donation form.
You can use the tutorial on Customers can choose their payment method from WPForms to use other payment methods.
The donation form is now available to you and can be made available on your website with all the useful options.
Step 7: Adding the charitable donation form to the website
The donation form can be added in various places such as websites, web pages, and blog posts. It can be added to the widgets in the sidebar using the WPForms setting.
Let's find out how to add the donation form to the WordPress website.
To add the donation form in WordPress, click Add form Button.
- Select the donation form in the modal popup
- push the button Add form.
The donation form is successfully added to the website. When you publish the website, the donation form will appear as part of your website.
The donation form will become part of the website and will appear as follows:
To keep in touch with the donors, you can use various email marketing services – such as Mailchimp, AWeber, GetResponse, Drip
This is the easiest way to create the nonprofit donation form in WordPress. For more information on creating different types of charitable donation forms, please visit WPForms.com. The most powerful WordPress forms plugin is very effective and extremely useful when dealing with online donations. Nonprofit donation forms are very useful today.