Creating a website for the company is a very basic step that can help view details about the company in relation to the products and services it offers. Once you have the website designed, activities can be determined according to the business promotion plan.
You need to choose the most appropriate techniques, and also use advanced technologies that depend on the strategy and availability of resources. In order to host your website, you need to choose the best possible options at a reasonable cost.
What is the most common web hosting plan?
There are a variety of web hosting plans available for different web hosting companies. You need to learn more about web hosting plans that will give you appropriate business solutions and use marketing strategies to effectively grow your business in a short period of time.
To grow your business, you need more visitors to visit your business website, expand your customer network, and expand your business operations. Some of the business people have a misconception that if the website visitors grow, the business will grow but the website will slow down.
But it's not true. The website slows down as the company outgrows the website hosting plan.
You need to upgrade the plan or you can choose dedicated services instead of sharing services.
The business websites can either be launched and hosted on a shared hosting plan that provides shared servers and resources, or the website can be hosted on a dedicated server with special services.
The dedicated server hosting plan is known as VPS (Virtual Private Server). It is a very preferred hosting plan and can be divided into managed VPS hosting and unmanaged VPS hosting plans.
Let's talk in detail about the Managed VPS vs. Unmanaged VPS (VPS) hosting plan, the pros and cons, differences, and choices for the business.
What is managed VPS hosting?
Managed VPS Hosting is one of the most popular hosting plans for websites that are very popular with the growing business houses. The VPS services are based on advanced technology and dedicated responsible servers that provide timely business solutions in an expert manner.
The specialists and committed employees offer well-coordinated services, take care of the technical requirements and ensure that the website runs around the clock all year round. It is the most suitable hosting service for the growing business with a hands-free structure.
The business owner with limited technical knowledge prefers a managed VPS hosting plan over the unmanaged VPS hosting plan.
I wrote an in-depth article on the best hosting for Laravel that will help you host your Laravel PHP framework application
Managed VPS Hosting Features
- The hosted website is monitored 24/7 and ensures that the website remains active with 99% availability.
- The hosted website remained protected 24/7 and there was no virus attack or damage to the website from malicious malware.
- You don't need to be tech-savvy or experienced to set up and host the site on a server managed by VPS.
- The VPS server offers a higher level of resources in terms of RAM, CPU processing, bandwidth and other functions.
- VPS servers can be customized to meet business needs to improve website performance.
- The server managed by VPS is expensive compared to other hosting services because it allows you to focus on business activities instead of spending your time on server maintenance and other useful resources.
- The server remains in operation around the clock and enables you to update the software and other functions as well as regular backups.
Benefits of managed VPS hosting:
- Managed VPS hosting offers a number of advantages that make it popular with users all over the world.
- It provides full support for the website 24/7. The 99% uptime website ensures that all functions work properly and offers you security.
- Users with limited technical knowledge do not have to worry about running and maintaining the website. The professionals and experts constantly monitor the website and provide timely solutions.
- The availability of the resources allows the website to perform better over a long period of time. Scalability is high in terms of RAM, CPU, bandwidth and other related factors.
- The VPS server with managed hosting gives users a number of advantages. This further increases the server performance. The server allows the website more visitors and more traffic.
- Users don't have to spend time on the server and its maintenance, leaving you more time for other tasks.
- The managed VPS hosting gives you root access to the server and is easy to customize and update as required.
- The required resources such as CPU, memory, bandwidth and storage space are immediately made available on the server according to the hosting plan.
- VPS hosting is a dedicated server that provides the best security services for the website. The IP addresses are assigned to individual websites even though they have similar physical servers.
- SSD and HDD hard drives are also part of the VPS hosting. SSD is very preferred which improves the website performance by improving the website upload speed and also the ranking of the websites in the google search engine.
The downside of managed VPS hosting
- Hosting VPS is expensive compared to other plans like shared hosting or unmanaged VPS hosting.
- A host-managed VPS is required to configure the server for the corporate websites. Technical knowledge is required to manage the server, without which it will be a complex matter.
- Unlike a dedicated server, you may not have complete control over the VPS hosting server.
- The resources are shared in the VPS managed hosting, and the availability of the resources depends on the number of accounts that are hosted on the websites on the server.
What is Unmanaged VPS Hosting?
The unmanaged VPS hosting providers offer powerful services along with the dedicated server. The business website needs to be maintained by the business owners upon launch via the unmanaged VPS hosting.
The tasks related to website maintenance, e.g. B. Managing various processes including operating systems, sharing and maintaining resources, and day-to-day handling of general procedures.
The web hosting provider only takes care of the dedicated server and its technical details around the clock. The entire website is not maintained for which the business owner is responsible. The people who run the business have to virtually manage and maintain the hosted website.
Unmanaged VPS hosting works well for businesses that are already established and running smoothly. But for the start-up businesses and for the emerging businesses, unmanaged VPS hosting is not at all suitable.
For the new facility business owners, they need to focus on business development activities and not on operating and maintaining the hosted website.
Features of unmanaged VPS hosting
- The unmanaged VPS server can control storage, disk space, bandwidth and installation of software independently of each other.
- The server can be set up exactly according to the requirements and business requirements.
- The availability of the server provides a cost-effective solution and there are no additional costs to upgrade the server.
- The higher bandwidth is useful for business and marketing activities
Advantage of unmanaged VPS hosting
- Unmanaged VPS hosting server can be set up according to business needs and depends on customer business.
- It offers tech-savvy customers the freedom to use advanced features.
- VPS hosting allows various tasks to be carried out according to the terms and conditions.
The downside of unmanaged VPS hosting
- To set up unmanaged VPS hosting, you need extensive technical knowledge that will make it easy to control and monitor the server.
- It takes more time for the server to manage various resources, plan and monitor processes according to business needs.
- It's not particularly suitable for beginners or those with limited technical knowledge.
- Setting up the server and the related tasks required for the business takes a long time.
- It is exhausting to monitor the server and the other routine applications. Expertise and experience are also required to manage the technical details.
- It can be a catastrophic failure if you can't manage the hosting and run your business properly.
What should you choose Managed VPS vs Unmanaged VPS Hosting
Now that you have discussed both VPS hosting services, you need to choose the most suitable hosting option that can provide the required services according to the business activity.
VPS managed hosting is more expensive than unmanaged VPS hosting. But it is the most reliable service that is risk free.
If you are managing your business well and you need more time to spend on internet marketing and social media marketing, then you should go for managed VPS hosting. Otherwise, you can use unmanaged VPS hosting which offers advanced features at a reasonable cost.
One has to plan the entire business strategy including hosting the website. Once you've restarted the business, you can go for the unmanaged VPS hosting, which is cheaper and leaves you with the hosting time first. Later, as your business grows, you can switch to managed VPS hosting.
Best managed VPS hosting provider in 2020
Based on our research and analysis, we believe Liquidweb is the best VPS hosting choice.
Sign in with Liquidweb