United Kingdom, London – The Global Data Centers division of NTT Ltd. expands its global co-location data center platform with new facilities in key markets. NTT Ltd., one of the world's largest providers of data centers, operates a platform with over 500,000 m² of colocation space in 160 data centers in more than 20 countries and regions.
"Companies today are demanding an ever-expanding global platform to meet their growing digital business goals," said Masaaki Moribayashi, senior executive vice president, services at NTT Ltd. existing markets that complement our global geographic presence. "
While meeting growing market demand, NTT is committed to following sustainable best practices whenever possible while expanding its global data center platform.
"All of our new data centers are being built for customers who want renewable energy at will as NTT invests in a sustainable future for our planet," said Moribayashi. "Our data centers are strategically located to support interconnected ecosystems around the world's major business and government centers. They will incorporate the latest data center technology for security, reliability and energy efficiency."
The Global Data Centers division of NTT Ltd. will soon introduce new data center capabilities in India, the UK, Japan, the US, Germany, Malaysia and Indonesia. When fully completed, these data centers will provide an IT load of over 400 megawatts (MW) in these markets.
- Mumbai, India – NTT Ltd. will have its new Mumbai 7 data center operational on the Chandivali campus by the third quarter of 2020. The Mumbai 7 Data Center offers an IT load of 25 MW. The Mumbai 7 Data Center will be the third data center on the Chandivali campus, with a total IT utilization of 61 MW and a fiber optic connection from all four sides. This data center is a short 15-minute drive from Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.
- London, UK – NTT Ltd.'s new London 1 data center should be opened in the third quarter of 2020. The London 1 data center can provide 64 MW when fully expanded, with 8 MW available when the system opens. This facility will be combined with the five existing data centers of NTT Ltd. in London in order to provide an IT load of over 100 MW when fully completed. The London 1 Data Center is located in Dagenham, East London, near London Docklands, the UK's internet hub and backbone for global connectivity that facilitates the majority of London’s internet exchanges (LINX).
- Tokyo, Japan – For the coverage of the data center of NTT Ltd. NTT Communications will complete a new data center in Japan, which will be operational in the third quarter of 2020.
Hillsboro, Oregon, USA – NTT Ltd. currently leases space on its first data center campus in Hillsboro, Oregon. In the third quarter of 2020, the first 6 MW of the Hillsboro 1 data center will be operational as part of an existing building that will be converted into the top-level data center. NTT Ltd.'s 47-acre Hillsboro campus will eventually contain five data centers totaling 144MW and be directly connected to the ultra-high numbered fiber optic ring that serves as a cross-link for multiple transpacific submarine cables that reduce latency between the US and US high-growth Asian markets.
- Ashburn, Virginia, USA – In Ashburn, Virginia, the largest and most sought-after data center market in the world, NTT Ltd. is building its fifth data center. The Ashburn 5 two-story data center will provide 32 MW, including 8 MW in the third quarter of 2020. This will take NTT Ltd.'s entire Ashburn floor space. in its five buildings increased to 108 MW. Three of these buildings are on NTT Ltd.'s fenced, secure, 78-acre Ashburn campus, which accommodates four other buildings.
- Munich, Germany – NTT Ltd. has completed the shell of its second building on the Munich 2 data center campus. The new building should go online in the fourth quarter of 2020. After its completion, the campus will provide customers with an IT load of 14 MW. The Munich area is the economic and digital center of southern Germany. The Munich 2 data center also houses a Technology Experience Lab and is part of NTT's scalable network and connectivity ecosystem.
- Cyberjaya, Malaysia – NTT Ltd. is building its fifth data center on the Cyberjaya campus, which is 30 km from the center of Kuala Lumpur. The new Cyberjaya 5 data center with a critical IT load of 5.6 MW will go online in the fourth quarter of 2020 and has been developed to meet the needs of hyperscalers and high-end companies.
- Chicago, Illinois, USA – NTT Ltd. currently leases the new data center campus in Chicago on 19 acres. A pair of two-story 36 MW buildings will achieve a scalable critical IT load of 72 MW when fully expanded. The first building, the Chicago 1 Data Center, will commission 6 MW in the first quarter of 2021.
- Jakarta, Indonesia – The new campus of NTT Ltd. in Bekasi, Indonesia, can take a critical IT load of 45 MW when fully developed. The new campus, known as Indonesia Jakarta 3 Data Center, will be the largest data center in Indonesia and is expected to open in the first half of 2021.
NTT Ltd. plans to develop new data centers in Johannesburg, Silicon Valley, Madrid and Phoenix as well as to build additional capacities in Mumbai, London, Vienna, Zurich, Berlin and Frankfurt for the next year.
"We are pleased to leverage our extensive design expertise and the strength of our capital resources to expand our data center equipment offering – with more to come," said Ryuichi Matsuo, executive vice president of NTT Ltd.'s Global Data Centers division. "By expanding our global presence during this pandemic, we can support our customers as their demand for reliable, robust cloud services, cloud communications, digital entertainment and emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence grows."
NTT Ltd. data center customers have access to full-stack technology solutions from data centers, networks, voice and video infrastructures and managed services. NTT Ltd. has extensive know-how in building technologically advanced data centers with low total cost of ownership and high redundancy. NTT Ltd.'s global data center platform enables end-to-end solutions for customers to distribute their critical IT load in most of the major global locations.
Through the Global Data Centers division of NTT Ltd.
Global Data Centers is a division of NTT Ltd. and includes DPA, E-Shelter, Gyron, Netmagic, NTT Indonesia Nexcenter, RagingWire and other data center divisions of the NTT Communications Group. Our combined global platform is one of the largest in the world with over 160 data centers in more than 20 countries and regions, including North America, APAC, EMEA and India. As a neutral operator, we offer access to multiple cloud providers, a wide variety of Internet exchanges and telecommunications network providers, including our own IPv6-compatible global Tier 1 IP network. Our clients include hyperscalers and global corporations across all industries, including finance, media, gaming, healthcare, manufacturing, retail and the public sector.