What is web hosting?
Web hosting is a virtual space that you can rent out to host your website. If you have a website, you probably need a safe area. This secure area of the internet that you can use to host your website is known as web hosting.
One can buy web hosting from a web hosting provider. There are different price ranges for different web hosting. Depending on the equipment and quality, the price or the plans vary. The price fluctuation is sometimes also due to the brand. There are different plans for different hosting. And again, it varies from brand to brand of web hosting.
There are different web hosting options available for different purposes.
After reading this article, you can decide what type of hosting will help you grow your website. Read on to get an idea about different types of web hosting.
Here in this article you can see what types of web hosting are out.
Shared web hosting:
This hosting is known as the best hosting for beginners. As the name suggests, multiple websites can be hosted on this hosting. However, there are also some advantages and disadvantages to shared hosting. Here in shared hosting, there are many websites that are on a single server and connected to the internet.
Benefits of shared hosting:
- The most important advantage of shared hosting is that the costs can be shared with different people. The cost of hosting is usually shared among all users who use the hosting.
- With this option too, you can get shared hosting for $ 2 a month. People looking for hosting companies in the $ 5 to $ 10 range might want to look into shared hosting as it can work very well for them.
- Another benefit of shared hosting is that it requires minimal configuration as it comes with a simple setup. That is why it is useful for beginners.
- There are many features of shared hosting that would make you fall in love with hosting. But the most common thing that makes this hosting so personable is their constant support.
- If at any point you get stuck or have problems, they are there for you all the time. Your support system is remarkable.
Disadvantages of shared hosting:
- Since the hosting is shared with many users, some unintended errors occur from time to time. This happens because a hosting's user base is huge.
- This can also slow down the speed of the system you are using as multiple parties are working at the same time. Just as our laptop shuts down when we use multiple functions, so does hosting.
- There are also speed issues that users face when using shared hosting. This is because too many things are happening on the hosting at the same time.
Who can use shared hosting?
This hosting is for people who are not aiming to have a great customer base or viewer. People who use static brochures use shared hosting. Shared hosting is used by individuals for their personal websites.
All of these people can use shared hosting. People who don't have huge resources can look into shared hosting. Shared hosting is for those who need to expand their website but don't have huge resources.
Read my in-depth article on Best Share Hosting to help you find the best hosting provider for your business or blog
Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting:
This is also known as next level shared hosting. The virtual private network is a very balanced type of hosting when we see all the other hosting.
A VPS is in the same shared environment, but the arrangement is different.
The VPS is also known to run its own operating system or operating system. Here, too, users have access to the operating system and can thus install any type of software that is supported by this operating system.
Benefits of Virtual Private Serving Hosting:
- The stability and reliability of VPS is higher compared to shared hosting. The main difference is that there are only 10-20 websites available on each server.
- When someone crosses the website option, there is an automated system called a virtual machine that creates the separation, and that too within the same server.
- The best thing about VPS is that they allow for really good customization. You have some cool customizations available.
Disadvantages of Virtual Private Serving Hosting:
- The disadvantages of VPS are very minor. The main disadvantage is that Virtual Private Server costs the user a little more compared to shared hosting.
- Prices range from $ 50 per month to $ 100 per month. There is another problem that users face when using VPS hosting: it requires more attention to be paid to configuration as there are many customization options available.
Who can use VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting?
- Someone who likes to spend a decent amount of money can think of VPS hosting. If someone has a good number of viewers or the traffic is decent they have to try switching to VPS hosting.
- People who have a good idea of starting a website for more viewers should actually consider this virtual private server hosting, or VPS hosting.
Dedicated server hosting:
Dedicated hosting is known as hosting for the major leagues. As the name has already indicated, this hosting offers you a server dedicated only to the user.
This is like literally owning a website or property for yourself. Here the clients or users can lease the server, which is a whole server in itself, and it cannot be shared with anyone else.
Advantages of dedicated server hosting:
- The most important benefit of dedicated hosting is that there are no weird hosting effects caused by multiple user interactions.
- This is because no other users are using your server on the hosting. This type of hosting also gives users more flexibility.
- The risk of malfunction, security issues, etc. is very low with dedicated server hosting.
- Because it is an independent hosting, there are many customization options available with dedicated server hosting.
Disadvantages of dedicated server hosting:
- Since dedicated hosting has many options, it is very obvious that all of this comes with additional costs.
- When you're ready to pay for the extra customizations that hosting offers, you can upgrade to dedicated server hosting.
- You should also have adequate knowledge of computers and other technologies.
- You also need to install the operating system yourself. And all of these things add additional costs to your payments.
Who Can Use Dedicated Server Hosting?
- There are many people who ask this question when everyone needs dedicated server hosting. There is no answer to that. In this day and age, cloud technology VPS is booming.
- At such a time of advancement, some might also consider dedicated server hosting.
- Because dedicated server hosting comes with maximum flexibility and a high degree of customization, it is used by people who work in small businesses or in companies with more competition.
- Dedicated server hosting is also useful for those who have a lot of traffic on their website.
Cloud hosting is also known as the future of web hosting. This is said because it literally likes a next generation virtual machine. You can have an amazing experience hosting your website on this cloud hosting.
These are basically data centers made available to a specific user or customer over the internet.
Advantages of cloud hosting:
- Scalability is the best advantage of this hosting. The additional advantage of cloud hosting compared to VPS is that, unlike VPS hosting, it can be scaled to the maximum.
- As a cloud-based system, it gives you the flexibility to scale it. The best thing about cloud hosting is that you don't need different systems for different purposes. This is where you can host all of your features.
- Another interesting thing about cloud hosting is that you only end up paying for the features that you used. This is one of the interesting features of cloud hosting.
Disadvantages of cloud hosting:
- Here, the unpredictability of costs is the main disadvantage of cloud hosting. There is a chance that the cost will increase as the traffic to your website increases.
- This is an important thing to consider when thinking about cloud hosting. Another aspect to consider when choosing cloud hosting is that you need to have a knowledge of how these cloud techniques work and how VPS hosting works.
Who can use cloud hosting?
- People thinking of scaling their systems should actually be thinking of cloud hosting. Most of these multinational companies are switching from regular VPS hosting to cloud hosting.
- Businesses thinking of expanding their scalability need to look at cloud hosting as it is highly scalable.
This is a different type of hosting. This is where the hosting provider also manages the system for you. There are many people these days who are thinking of opting for managed hosting as it reduces most of their work. Here in managed hosting, the hosting provider rents the dedicated server and the associated hardware to its customers.
Advantages of managed hosting:
- The website's performance and security is only guaranteed by the hosting it manages.
- This actually gives you some time to think about your business strategies instead of wasting time thinking about stocks and website performance.
- Another important aspect of managed hosting is that it helps you with data that you can use in your business too.
Disadvantages of managed hosting:
- Since most of the functions of managed hosting are only managed and controlled by the hosting, it takes a long time for the user to make changes to the website.
- If any business or website related changes need to be made, you will need to contact the process.
- The main disadvantage is that users have less control and the user has to come back to the operator for changes.
Who can use managed hosting?
- Someone who has a lot of time and has to think more on the business side than hosting might want to look at managed hosting.
- Large business owners usually think of managed hosting because they don't have a lot of time to customize their websites. Then they switch to managed hosting.
When you don't associate your devices with your server, but keep them in someone else's racks, this is known as colocation hosting. This is sometimes referred to as offsite leased data center collocation when hosting.
Here the company's server is placed in the host's data center
Large companies usually do this to take advantage of the huge server that is the best in the industry. Here you can access the server as if you had access to your own website on the hosting. Here you can completely own the hardware.
Advantages of colocation hosting:
- The best thing about colocation hosting is that you can get good bandwidth at a very low cost. Security and flexibility are best with colocation hosting. Colocation hosting is known for its efficiency.
- Another interesting feature of colocation hosting is the better protection against outrage. Since the user owns the server machinery, it is very easy to make changes and update tools.
- You only need the support of the service provider for the most important upgrades.
Disadvantages of colocation hosting:
- The start-up costs for colocation hosting are comparatively high.
- Another disadvantage of colocation hosting is that the user should buy and upgrade the necessary equipment himself.
- It's way too much work when it comes to colocation.
- Since bandwidths keep changing as you use it, nothing is referred to as a fixed budget.
- The budget fluctuates every month, so the user cannot fix it on a specific price.
Who can use colocation hosting?
Colocation hosting is for large businesses. You can actually think of investing huge funds. You can afford to have your own server or even multiple servers.
People who have a fully established business and are making good sustainable income might think of colocation hosting. Several big, feature-rich players are taking up colocation hosting.
Finding colocation web hosting is a very tedious task. That's why I did the research and found the best colocation hosting provider for your business
Reseller hosting is a type of web hosting in which the user can use the allocated hard drive space and also the bandwidth for third parties. Here with this type of hosting the customer buys the reseller hosting and then sells it to another customer with its own profit margin.
Advantages of reseller hosting:
- The only reason people look forward to reseller hosting is because it is cheaper.
- Most people planning to start their business buy reseller hosting because it does not add a huge cost to them or their business. You don't have to invest a lot of money in your website.
- Reseller hosting takes care of aspects like connectivity, updates, security, maintenance, etc. As a user, you don't have to worry about all of these. All of these things are actually only done by the hosting provider.
- Another important feature of reseller hosting is that you can use it to sell services from other web hosting service providers. This is a unique feature of reseller hosting.
Disadvantages of reseller hosting:
- Here, the success of your business depends on how the website works. If the server goes down, it will have a direct impact on the website and therefore the business.
- This is a disadvantage of reseller hosting. For this reason, it is recommended that you do detailed research about the hosting company before purchasing the hosting service.
- Reseller hosting is sometimes exhausting and distracting as you need to get in touch with customers on time and directly. Other than that, it is also true that this is a part of any type of business.
Who can use reseller hosting?
- Reseller hosting is used by developers, web designers, etc. Even people starting their own web hosting company are using reseller hosting. Reseller hosting is used by people who are thinking of starting their website.
- People who have a money limit can also consider reseller hosting.
If you want to know something about reseller hosting, read my in-depth article about it
Self-service web hosting:
Self-service web hosting is known to be the most advanced web hosting among all web hosting available. The user does everything himself in self-service web hosting.
The only thing the user needs to have is their own room where they can rent the place where their server can be stored. Thereafter, the user is solely responsible for functions such as coding, bandwidth, power management, system administration, hardware, backups, etc.
Self service web hosting is very interesting and an effective type of web hosting as it gives the user a sense of ownership of the hosting as they are only responsible for performing the required functions according to their likes and dislikes.
Benefits of self-service web hosting:
- The best feature of self-service hosting is web security. This is a very good feature that they offer in the plan itself.
- Another exciting feature of self-service hosting is its reliable servers. This is an added benefit that you get some really good servers along with the hosting.
- Included storage and backups are the plus points that you get with self-service hosting. The user doesn't have to worry much about the storage of their files as this has been well taken care of with self-service hosting. The plan also includes backups that can be used to restore the data if it is lost for any reason.
- There aren't a lot of costs when it comes to operations as there is a very reduced operating expense plan here. This is one of the reasons people think about self-service hosting.
Cons of self-service web hosting:
- The biggest disadvantage of self-service hosting is that it is a little more difficult to set up compared to most other hosting plans. This becomes a major disadvantage or disadvantage of self-service hosting.
- However, it is also true that self-setup allows the user to customize their website as they wish.
- You must have very good technical skills. With self-service hosting, you have to set most things up and then you need professional help. You need to have a clearer understanding of the technical stuff to use self-service hosting.
Who Can Use Self Service Web Hosting?
- There are different types of people who use self-service hosting. People who really need maximum customization turn to self-service hosting. Webmasters also use self-service hosting.
- Certain companies that want a high level of customization for their websites are switching to self-service hosting.
Here in this article, we've talked about the 8 different types of hosting options that are available and that you can use.
We hope you find this useful and use it as you are thinking of buying your own hosting to set up your website and grow your business.
This helps your company to be present online and also to grow digitally. There are so many web hosting companies and providers out there these days. It is entirely up to you which one to choose for your website.
We have made a conscious effort to bring together different types of web hosting. Here in this article we have talked about shared hosting, VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting, dedicated server hosting, cloud hosting, managed hosting, colocation hosting, reseller hosting, and self-service web hosting.
Of all of these hostings, it is up to you to decide which one to buy for your website development. Here we've given you an overall comparison of all the different types of web hosting.